Join & Renew
Why join GLGPS? There are at least seven good reasons to join us.
As a member of GLGPS, you will be able to:
- BELONG to a community of dedicated people who value relationships and group process in service of healing and promoting well-being.
- PROMOTE your groups on our website.
- Develop yourself personally and professionally through our conferences, institutes, training and mentoring programs.
- Network professionally with interdisciplinary contacts: stay connected through a variety of platforms.
- Stay current with group therapy topics in our monthly Newsletter.
- Take a leadership role in the professional community by writing for our Newsletter or serving on one of our committees.
- Qualify for scholarships for GLGPS events and the annual conference of the American Group Psychotherapy Association.
2023 MEMBERSHIP AND CREDENTIALING FORM
I will never forget my first group experience in which I participated in a fish bowl about 8 years ago. It was absolutely electrifying, scary and amazingly exciting all at the same time. While this training was not through GLGPS (at that time it was still IGPS), many members of IGPS were in attendance. They discussed their world of group psychotherapy and introduced me to IGPS stating if I wanted to experience more trainings like the one we were at, I should consider coming to some of the conferences. So, I did. And I was hooked.
It wasn’t until the end of 2019 to 2020, I became interested in joining the organization in a more official capacity. I had heard the organization was looking to transition to a new name to better represent the areas in which the society serves as well as do some rebranding. I couldn’t think of a better time to join. I have such a strong passion for group and group work and have felt at home amongst others who share this same sentiment. I initially joined the marketing committee and then later the board. Now, I am the chair of the membership committee, and I couldn’t be more excited. I can’t wait to help introduce others to the world of group therapy and share this wonderful space with so many talented professionals.
I found my professional home here and love sharing this space with the members and future members of GLGPS!